Have you made any economic development marketing resolutions for the new year? If you find yourself doing the same old things, year after year, to draw attention to your community, perhaps it's time to shake things up. If you want to cut through the clutter to reach your target market, you may need to step up your game.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Are you using your website effectively to meet the needs of site selectors and businesses seeking locations?
- Are you focusing on the right social media tools for your needs?
- Are you using those social channels effectively?
- Do you know where to tap bottomless sources of content for blogs, newsletters and social feeds?
- Do you streamline the amount of time required to get marketing tasks done?
- Are you tracking results in ways that help you develop business opportunities?
Whether your community is just getting started or has years of experience online, you'll want to join Dr. Alissa Sklar, GIS Planning's director of marketing, on Tuesday, Feb. 14th (1:30 p.m. EST/ 10:30 a.m. PST) for a look at 5 place marketing strategies to try in 2017. This free webinar could be the most valuable 30 minutes of your time this month.