Mark your calendars! Next week's economic development webinars are well worth your time. Can't attend? No problem! Register anyway to ensure you receive a follow-up email with a link to the video recording.
Part II: MORE of Everything you Wanted to Know About GIS Data Tools but Were Afraid to Ask
Monday, June 29th, 1:30 pm EDT/ 10:30 am PDT
We got so many great questions for our first webinar, we didn't have time to answer them all! Join us for Part II of this hugely popular series. GIS data and mapping tools are some of the most powerful marketing and business engagement pieces in your economic development toolkit and this webinar is designed to offer an overview and answer all of your questions. (If you missed Part I, you can view the video recording here).
What will we discuss?
- How do I use my website as a lead generation tool?
- Where does the data in a GIS web tool come from & how often is it updated?
- Will GIS online tools take up a lot of my time to set up and manage?
- Do you offer any marketing tips or support for using GIS data tools for economic development and corporate site selection?
Got some burning questions of your own? We'd love to hear them. Click here to email us with your question and we'll add it to the lineup.
EDO Roundtable Part IV: How Different Regions are Planning for COVID-19 Economic Recovery
June 30th, 2 pm EDT/ 11 am PDT
As the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to reverberate around the world, we're seeing a variety of responses, strategies and responses from different regions. In this webinar, we'll hear from three different economic developers discussing how they have been working to meet and mitigate these unprecedented challenges. They will share what has worked for them, what they plan to change, and what they see taking place as they move forward through their region's recovery. Participants are encouraged to bring their own questions to share with our panellists.
We are delighted to welcome the following panelists to our discussion:
- Theresa Metcalf, Business Retention and Expansion Manager, Kerr Economic Development Corporation (TX)
- Justin Robinson, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Detroit Regional Partnership (MI)
- Ken Scholtens, Manager, Business Development & Expedited Services, Niagara Economic Development (ON)
What will we discuss?
- How different organizations have responded to the COVID-19 crisis
- How local businesses are managing
- Useful partnerships and cooperative initiatives
- How to help businesses reopen and get back up and running
- The state of site selection & business location inquiries
- Key takeaway from their region's experiences during this pandemic
- What do they wish they'd known/ done differently before COVID hit?
- There will be a Q&A following the discussion
If you missed the first three EDO Roundtable webinars, you can access their video recordings here:
EDO Roundtable Part I, featuring:
- Ryan Coleman, Director of City of Columbia (SC) Economic Development
- Chris McLeod, Director, Marketing and Communications at Edmonton Global (AB)
- Kirk Jenson, Economic Development Director at City of Logan (UT)
EDO Roundtable Part II, featuring:
- Danielle Casey, Executive VP, Greater Sacramento Economic Council (CA)
- Jeff Sjostrom, President, Galveston Economic Development Partnership (TX)
- Rod Crider, President, Rowan EDC (NC)
EDO Roundtable Part III, featuring:
- Daniel Silverman, VP, Foreign Direct Investment at Investissement Québec International
- Dean Whittaker, President/CEO at Whittaker Associates, Inc.
- Megan Baker, CEcD, VP, Fayette County Development Authority (GA)