The coronavirus pandemic has completely upended the practice of economic development. One of the things we have heard over and over again from economic developers and investment promoters is their desire to assist and support the existing businesses in this region during this challenging time.
You spoke. We acted right away.
GIS Planning can now quickly and easily add local layers of business status to your ZoomProspector or Intelligence Components. Offer interactive data maps to help your regional stakeholders get the information they need quickly and in a format that is easily shareable on social media or email. Here are some examples of things you might want to consider mapping during the current context:
- Map businesses open or temporarily closed (see this live on the City of Columbia, SC ZoomProspector tool)
- Map restaurants offering takeout and delivery
- Map area businesses participating in a gift card stimulus program
- Map hospitals and clinics offering testing and treatment.
- Map COVID-19 testing centers
- Map businesses as they reopen
There are two ways to get us this information for local data: 1) send us a spreadsheet with business addresses and any relevant data (open, closed, etc.) 2) set up a connection with your internal GIS system, if you have one. If you aree a client, please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a client yet but are interested in knowing more about ZoomProspector and our Intelligence Components, please click on the button below to schedule an appointment with a member of our team who can help you assess your needs and find the best solution.