As economic development professionals everywhere grapple with the unprecedented challenge of keeping their regional economies afloat, it can be enormously helpful and instructive to learn from each other. Unfortunately, we can no longer do that with the conferences marked our calendars only a few short weeks ago.
So we need to get creative.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us a variety of responses, strategies and responses from different regions. In this May 5th webinar, the second in our EDO Roundtable series, we'll hear from different economic developers discussing how they have been working to meet and mitigate these unprecedented challenges. They will share what has worked for them, what they plan to change, and what they see taking place as they move forward into the recovery phase. Participants are encouraged to bring their own questions to share with our panellists.
Join us Tuesday, May 5th (2 pm EDT/ 11 m PDT) for this second webinar in the series, EDO Roundtable: How Different Regions are Planning for COVID-19 Economic Recovery. This free webinar will be formated as a productive discussion, with opportunity for Q&A. We'll hear about our panelists' experiences, the initiatives in their region, and what they foresee for the recovery period. You can view a video reecording of the first webinar in this series by clicking here.
We are delighted to welcome the following panelists to our discussion:
- Danielle Casey, Executive VP, Greater Sacramento Economic Council (CA)
- Jeff Sjolstrom, President, Galveston Economic Development Partnership (TX)
- Rod Crider, President of Rowan EDC (NC)
WHAT WILL WE DISCUSS?
- How different organizations have responded to the COVID-19 crisis
- How local businesses are managing
- Useful partnerships and cooperative initiatives
- How to help businesses reopen and get back up and running
- The state of site selection & business location inquiries
- Key takeaway from their region's experiences during this pandemic
- What do they wish they'd known/ done differently before COVID hit?
- There will be a Q&A following the discussion