Most of you know that GIS Planning has just been acquired by the Financial Times, one of the world’s leading business news organizations, providing essential news, comment, data and analysis for the global business community. The Financial Times is owned by Nikkei, a global media company.
What we want to further explain is exactly what this means for the field of economic development and you. Many of our clients are eager to know and we’d like to give you answers to these important questions.
In a nutshell, the Financial Time’s international network, in combination with the global power of the FT and fDi Intelligence brands, combines with the undisputed market leadership position of GIS Planning in North America, for a powerful and exciting partnership.
The joining of the Financial Times’ fDi Intelligence and GIS Planning products makes us the leading online economic development service in the world. In terms of sheer resources, we can now offer clients an unparalleled scale of knowledge, experience and data on a global scale. Our newly combined organization has a combined team of 70 people across research, editorial, marketing and sales, working with over 100 countries globally . The Financial Times is recognized internationally for its commitment to innovation and the authority, integrity and accuracy of its products.
In fact, that’s exactly why the Financial Times acquired GIS Planning in the first place. Our cutting-edge technological capabilities, loyal customer base and substantial growth potential, as well as the skills, thought leadership and expertise of its staff, fit perfectly with the Financial Times’ determination to be at the heart of their customer’s success. GIS Planning and its clients will benefit from access to additional resources and being a part of a bigger team.
We know economic developers are a practical group of people, interested in concrete facts and practical matters. After all, that’s what we offer with ZoomProspector.com, ZoomProspector Enterprise, ZoomProspector Canada and our suite of Intelligence Components. The following benefits are some of the specific things our clients can count on.
- Same great GIS Planning team, same top-tier service, and online data tools you can count on. There’s a reason 6 out of 10 Americans live in communities served by ZoomProspector Enterprise, and we remain committed to that same high standard. Yes, Anatalio, Pablo, Russ, Jeff, Alissa, Stevie, Bryan, Pau and the rest of the in-house developers and programmers you know (and others that you don’t) are still here. And yes, we will still be wearing (and sharing) our popular t-shirts at future economic development conferences.
- Our clients know they can count on constant and continuous innovation of our products. Tools and features such as Lead Gen ID, talent reports and the all-new national site selection portal, ZoomProspector.com have changed the way business location searches are conducted. As part of the Financial Times, we have substantially enhanced the resources we can put into our products to ensure we remain the leaders in online data tools for economic development.
- GIS Planning clients will benefit from the international reach and quality audience provided by the Financial Times. The Financial Times has a combined paid print and digital circulation of almost 1 million worldwide, with 36% of its audience being C-Suite and 62% business decision makers. This is the audience of decision makers that economic development professionals need to reach.
- A fully integrated global marketing campaign worth over $1.5 million will drive traffic and awareness of ZoomProspector.com, ensuring it remains the go-to place for location decisions in the U.S. and our clients that are on the website. All ZoomProspector Enterprise clients automatically have their data and property listings uploaded to ZoomProspector.com. In addition, If you are a ZoomProspector Enterprise client, and have not yet set up your free Economic Development Online (EDO) Profile, click here to see how you can get it up and running in minutes.
- As of February 2017, GIS Planning clients will be offered a free subscription to fDi Magazine (worth $480 a year), which provides up-to-date analysis and insight into the ever-changing global investment map. Watch your inboxes for instructions on how to access this subscription.
- Access to new editions The fDi Report, an annual assessment of crossborder investment based on the fDi Markets tool, tracking and forecasting foreign direct investment all over the world. The 2016 edition is currently available to all in digital format (click here to download), and a free copy of the 2017 report will be mailed out to clients upon its release in April 2017.
- Clients will also benefit from free access to the annual report examining FDI trends in North America (worth $2,000).
This is just the beginning. Additional exciting new advantages for GIS Planning clients will be rolled out in coming weeks and months.