We are eagerly looking forward to the 2017 IEDC Annual Conference in Toronto, and we are really hoping to see you there. Before you head out to Canada's largest city, make sure you are in the know with these key facts:
- If you're coming to the conference from outside of Canada, note that dollar coins are called "Loonies" (for the depiction of the common loon) and dollar coins are referred to as "Twoonies." You can use the Bank of Canada online currency converter to show exchange rates. The Canadian dollar is worth 82 cents USD at time of writing.
- Non-Canadians will notice the use of metric measurements for almost everything. One mile equals 1.6 kilometers, the CN Tower is 553.3 meters high (1,815.3 ft), and the weather is offered in degrees Celsius. The current forecast for this coming Sunday is a balmy 26 C (about 79 F) at time of writing, which means you can leave your tuque and down parka at home.
- Almost 25% of the population of Canada lives within a 160 km radius of Toronto (that's 100 miles if you weren't paying attention to #2), with over 180 languages and dialects spoken in the GTA. Pearson International Airport is the busiest in the country.
- Yonge Street is the longest street in the world, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, at 1,896 km (1,178 miles).
- Bookmark this must-see session at this year's conference will be taking place on Sunday, Sept. 17th at 3:45 p.m., "A Disrupted Economy: Is Your Community Ready for Tech Disruptions?"
- BONUS FACT! We'll be hosting an on-going party at the joint GIS Planning and fDi Intelligence booth in the Exhibit Hall (#311). Stop by and pick up your printed IEDC photo memories with our hashtag printer. Simply upload any photo to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #gisplanning and it will be automatically printed for you at our booth. Don't have a Twitter or Instagram account? No problem! Come by our booth and we can take it for you - you can even try out our fun props. Want to discuss how ZoomProspector Enterprise and Intelligence Components can attract qualified leads to your community?
Click here to book a meeting with a member of our sales team at the IEDC Annual Conference.